Indian Hockey Goal keper appeal for his eye treatment




INDIA NEW DELHI: Hockey goalkeeper Baljit Singh, who sustained a career-threatening injury to his eye, Thursday appealed to the sports minister and Hockey India (HI) that his treatment should be continued as they promised.


Baljit, whose right eye was badly damaged during a practice session in Pune last year, said he was called back midway through his treatment in America.


Sports Minister M.S. Gill last year announced that the ministry would bear the cost of Baljit's treatment.


After initial treatment at the AIIMS here, Baljit was taken to the US, but he returned home before a major surgery was to be conducted on his damaged eye. 


"I lost my vision while practicing in the national camp and this is how I am being treated. They have completely forgotten me," Baljit said.


 "After a major operation on my eye, the doctors in America told me that another operation is necessary. But the officials called me back. They said that you can do your treatment in India. I told them that since the first operation was successful, let me go through the second surgery before I come, but they refused."


 "After coming back, I have tried to contact the Sports Authority of India, the sports ministry and Hockey India, but there has been no response."


 Baljit, who was India's first choice goalkeeper, said he should be compensated and his treatment should be completed.


 "I want to return to hockey. That is possible only if I get proper treatment. I was doing national duty when the incident happened and the government should come forward to help me."


 The national camp players in Pune have been assured money for their last year's performance. Baljit too participated in some of the tournaments.




Answer this- Do you think Indian hockey is bankrupt ?
leave interesting comments by clicking comments

2 comments:

  1. Indian hockey once were kings...now they are going to end

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts